To equip Catholic leaders to defend and advance the Catholic Faith in “the Next America”– today’s emerging secular society.
We consecrate our Mission to Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Americas
In the article, “Catholics and the Next America,” Archbishop Chaput delivers a prescient warning to American Catholics regarding a growing trend toward secularization in American culture, with Catholics facing dwindling relevance, threatening their ability to be heard.
In response, the Napa Institute was formed to help Catholic leaders face the challenges posed in the “next America” — to continue the work of the Apostles and their successors, the Bishops, heeding Christ’s call for ongoing evangelization.
By leading participants to a deeper understanding of the truth behind the faith, the Napa Institute emboldens Catholics to live and defend their faith with a peaceful confidence that is borne out of solid formation, fellowship and spiritual enrichment.
At the cornerstone of the Napa Institute is its annual conference. Held in the majestic Napa Valley, the conference showcases Cardinals, Bishops, renowned priests and religious, and Catholic intellectuals who present thoughtful lessons on timely topics. Though not an apostolate of the Diocese of Santa Rosa, the conference is hosted within the Diocese with the approval and support of His Excellency, The Most Reverend Robert F. Vasa, Bishop of Santa Rosa.
1) To deepen Catholic leaders in the teachings of the Church, so they can evangelize others and defend their faith in secular society.
2) To encourage religious freedom throughout our hemisphere.
3) To inspire Catholic leaders to better stewardship of their time, treasure, and talents, especially in aiding Catholic organizations in their mission.
4) To better form Catholics in a life shaped by liturgy, prayer, fasting, sacred art and music, and habits of holiness.
5) To provide fellowship and recreation to relax the mind, body, and soul.
When and Where?
The next Napa Institute Conference will take place July 26 – 30, 2017 at The Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa, California.